Many organizations offer employee benefits that can include health and life insurance, pension plans and paid time off. In addition, companies may also provide a range of supplemental or voluntary benefits. Employees typically but not always pay all of the costs of these benefits. They may include:
- Additional coverage for hospitalization, a critical illness or long-term-care, or accidents.
- Workplace wellness programs.
- Employee assistance programs that provide short-term counseling and referrals to other professionals.
- Identity theft protection.
- Financial counseling or financial wellness programs, including financial advice or education, discounted legal services.
- Other types of insurance, such as auto, homeowners, travel and even pet health coverage.
- Discounts on a variety of goods and services.