Tax Deductions and Credits
- Accelerating income/postponing deductions
- Comparison of education tax credits and deductions
- Education tax credits
- Five Year-End Tax Planning Considerations
- General business tax credits
- Gift Tax Strategies
- New Adoption Assistance Opportunities and Requirements
- Personal deduction planning
- Qualified education expenses defined
- Speculating on the Future of the Federal Estate Tax
- Tax credit sampler
- Understanding personal tax credits
- Can I take the credit for the elderly or disabled?
- Can I take the tax credit for child care?
- How do I deduct and substantiate my gambling losses?
- If I prepay next year's taxes this year, can I deduct them this year?
- Is student loan interest deductible?
- My spouse and I are filing separate returns. Can we both itemize our deductions? If so, how do we split the deductions?
- My town has assessed against me a real estate betterment for new sewer lines installed in my street. May I deduct this amount on my tax return?
- Now that my child is in college, am I entitled to any education tax credits?
- What are the Hope credit and the Lifetime Learning credit?
- What is the child tax credit?
- What is the difference between the child tax credit and the child and dependent care tax credit?
- What is the earned income credit and who qualifies for it?