A detailed, up-to-date budget of your cash flow – that is, what money is coming into your account each month and what expenses are coming out – is the foundation of any successful financial plan. Without a budget, you’re just flying blind. This section provides an overview about how to establish a monthly budget, how to establish a plan to work towards your financial goals and some tips to ensure you don’t fall off track and over spend.
Planning Your Spending
- 4 Steps to Better Budgeting
- How to Stick to Your Budget: Track Your Spending
- Don’t Waste that Windfall!
- How to Save Money When Hosting a Party
- Why doesn't my budget work?
- Making the most of your economic impact payment (aka your stimulus check)
- Back-to-school shopping for uncertain times
- Curb impulse holiday spending with these 5 tips
- Rent vs. Buy: Evaluating the Pros and Cons
- Don’t Make These Five Online Shopping Mistakes
- COVID-19 can teach us ways to enhance our personal financial management habits
- Love & Money: 5 steps to help couples strengthen financial compatibility
- 7 steps to get your financial house in order
- 18 Ideas for a ‘Fiscally-Responsible’ Wedding
- Tips to avoid financial hardships
- 6 Smart Steps When Starting a Family
- How to Achieve Your Financial Goals
- Home Ownership: Are You Ready?
- Smart Tips for Buying a Car