Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Jun 26, 2019.


I am a new resident to DC, and plan to open a business that teaches basic banking to DC residents. I want to know what certifications I would need to do that. I am currently a banker and have been for over 5 years and want to use my experience to educate.
Thank you for your time



My professional practice does not cover the DC area, and I am not sure if any of the other Money Doctors practice in DC.  I recommend that you reach out to a CPA/PFS in the DC area to get assistance with identifying the necessary business registrations and licenses, along with helping you determine the best entity through which to operate your new business.  Visit to find a specialist in your area.  Good luck with your new business!

For additional information visit