Read Past Q&As
Hello. I am considering purchasing my first stock. I want to purchase Cricket Wireless so can use the dividends to pay my bill quarterly. My question is two-fold. What is the best way to go about purchasing my first stock/s? And how do I determine how much I need to purchase to accomplish my goal for this stock.
Submitted Oct 11, 2021
My mother recently passed away in another state. When filling out beneficiary i have to chose whether to take cash or roll it over. What are the tax implications of taking a lump sum?
Submitted Oct 3, 2021
My husband and I are selling our home. We will received approximately $24k from the sale of the house. How do we account for the amount we would owe in taxes and put that aside or pay the IRS so we can take the rest and invest it or put in a money market account to grow?
Submitted Oct 6, 2021
How can I calculate 3 Million dollars compounding annually at 10% - while withdrawing 80% of the profits for personal use and letting the remaining 20% continue to compound and grow.
Submitted Sep 13, 2021
I'm 40 yrs old. Considering a 100k cash out refi for investment purposes. I have 15 yr mortgage currently and recently offered a no cost mortgage refi @2.2/15yr or could do a 2.875/30y. Assuming s&p500 index fund returns 10% would it make more sense to pull equity out and invest in the market or to stay the course on the mortgage? I'm already maxing out my tax...
Submitted Aug 10, 2021
I am the sole caretaker for my elderly mother and I responsible for her financially, however she doesnt live with me she lives in her own home, how do I count her as a dependent for taxes?
Submitted Aug 25, 2021
Hello, My wife and I are big savers / investors. We probably invest 70% of our net income each month into Total Stock Market index funds. We are both financially savvy and would like to retire in 10 years (we are both 35 years old now) and live off of $200k a year in retirement. I have several spreadsheets that point us in the direction of 100% success for this...
Submitted Aug 9, 2021
I'm married, 68 yrs old retired with about $90k/yr unearned income from pensions and Social Security. Also, wife and I adopted 2 grandkids with social security income. I have a small 401k in TSP, about $60k. I would like to rollover to an IRA with Fidelity, then move about $10k per year into a ROTH or Brokerage depending on which is more advantageous. I would...
Submitted Aug 15, 2021
Hello, I’m under 55 I have $45.000 in a money market at a financial institute I No longer Wish to be a part of. I am very interested in EFT. I’m very confused Watching YouTube and talking to people I was referred to Robin Hood What are your suggestions? Thanks so much! Sincerely, , Christina
Submitted Aug 10, 2021
We are considering refinancing our home and one option offered includes a cash out option where we could pay off our second trust. Could we still claim the mortgage interest deduction on our taxes? We itemize and are in a high tax bracket so we don't want to lose this deduction.
Submitted Jul 30, 2021