Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Nov 5, 2013.


I called a local tax preparer and she knew less about the opportunity credit than I did. I need college tax planning help. Where do I start my search to locate someone that specializes in college tax credits but willing to cater to small clients?


To find someone who also specializes in college tax planning, try the National Institute of Certified College Planners website:

Once there you can search for members by location, many of whom are Certified Public Accountants (CPA) or CPA Personal Financial Specialists (CPA/PFS).

Browsing the website, you will also find Q&As with specific tax planning scenarios that may help you in your situation. Another good online resource is

For additional information visit