Shortcut Navigation:

Are hunting rifles covered under my homeowners insurance?

Yes. Hunting rifles, like personal stereos, VCRs, and other personal property, are covered under your homeowners insurance for loss, theft, or damage. The standard policy typically provides up to $2,500 for such claims. But if you're a collector, the value of your firearm collection may exceed this limit. Ask your insurance agent about adding a floater to your homeowners policy that will provide additional coverage.

If you accidentally injure someone on your premises, your homeowners insurance will cover some or all of the damages (e.g., medical bills, property damage, and liability claims). For additional coverage, you can buy a specialized policy, such as sporting firearm insurance, collectors firearm insurance, or gun club liability insurance, to meet your needs. Ask your insurance agent or broker for more information.