Shortcut Navigation:

Child Care


  • When your child has special needs

    As the parent of a child with special needs, you can get reliable information and support from your doctor, parent groups, and both national and local agencies. Medicaid will probably pay for your child's medical care if he or she meets Supplemental Security Income requirements. By law, public schools must accept children with special needs and provide special education services. Be sure your child is taken care of after your death by naming a guardian in your will, and consider establishing a special needs trust to protect your child's eligibility for government benefits.