Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Mar 31, 2014.


if property is deed in x name, can you buy home owner's insurance in x & y name. if anything happens to home will property be covered


Hi, thank you for the question. Most likely you can buy home owner's insurance in both parties names, but that is something you should clarify with your insurance carrier prior to purchase. If both people are listed on the policy, I don't foresee it being an issue. Each carrier may have a different policy on this matter though, so it is best to be clear on the front end.

For additional information visit