Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Jul 16, 2013.


My son died at 25years old. I am now raising his child who is 7. My son did not work. Is his daughter intitled to anything?


I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Your Granddaughter could be eligible for social security benefits. You can find information online at I recommend calling Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 or visiting a local office to find out if she qualifies. Depending on the state where you live, there might also be other benefits. To find out, I suggest that you contact social services in the area where you live.

For additional information visit