Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Feb 13, 2014.


I am 63 yr old female residing in New Hampshire but I have been working in Massachusetts for the past 7 years. In 2013, I took a distribution of almost $28,000 from a Vanguard account that included the roll over funds from money earned while working in NH. I realize that I need to add $28K as income on my Federal taxes. I will also complete a Mass Form 1 NR (non-resident). Do I need to pay Massachusetts taxes on that distribution?

Thanks very much.


Hi, this is a pretty specific tax question. I think you need to speak to a tax professional who can see your entire tax situation in order to get a good answer. It sounds like a fairly simple return, but it would probably be worth the money to have someone prepare it for you (at least this year). Vist to find a CPA/PFS in your area.

For additional information visit