Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Apr 4, 2012.


Filed 2009 & 2010 Maryland State & Federal tax returns but then had a tax professional refile both 2009 & 2010 State & Federal returns. The person did not use an amended return & I was due back a refund for the refile. How do I check or do I need to refile with an amended form? Concerned as these were refiled in July 2011 & still no word on refund or letter from State or IRS


Please check the status of your filings by calling the IRS and MD Department of Revenue general phone numbers.  The representatives will be able to confirm whether or not the agencies received your claims, the status of the claims and if any further steps are required by you.  I hope that this helps.

For additional information visit