Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Feb 17, 2011.


As a free-lance musician, can you tell me what type of occupation-specific tax deductions are available?


In addition to general business deductions such as mileage to and from your performing venues and subscriptions to professional organizations, you may be able to deduct supplies such as sheet music, equipment used in your performances and attire worn for performances that would not be common in everyday wear.

For additional information visit