Shortcut Navigation:

Ask the Money Doctor


We've assembled a volunteer panel of qualified CPAs that have attained the Personal Financial Specialists (PFS) credential for comprehensive financial planning to act as Money Doctors and answer questions from consumers regarding their financial planning issues. The program is offered as a public service and is designed to help and protect consumers by providing guidance on basic financial planning issues.

Recent Q & A's

  • My child has been accepted to several State colleges and the University of CT. I work for UCONN and my dependent will have a tuition waiver. UCONN is not her first choice and...
    View More
  • My brother and I have a S corp. I am 71 and he is 62. We have equal shares and we each own a life insurance policy on the other. It seems like a windfall for the heirs of...
    View More
  • I am a CPA, and I have a CPA certificate from NH Board of Accountancy. But I am not an american citizen. How can I become a Tax Return Preparer? And how to obtain the IRS...
    View More

Submit a Question »

Meet the Money Doctors »