FAQs and Tax Tools
Many taxpayers have similar questions - for example, concerns about taxing retirement benefits. This section offers answers to those questions, as well as tools such as employment tax calculators.
- Accelerating deductions/postponing income
- Am I having enough withheld?
- Estate Planning and Income Tax Basis
- Federal individual income tax fundamentals
- Tax planning for income
- Am I having enough tax withheld from my paycheck?
- Are alimony payments considered taxable income?
- Are scholarships and grants subject to federal income tax?
- Do I have to file a federal income tax return?
- I received a state tax refund last year. Must I include that amount as income on my federal return this year?
- I'm retiring to a state with no income tax. Can my former state tax my retirement benefits?
- What penalties and interest will I be charged for paying and filing my federal income taxes late?