Credit History and Reports
- Understanding your credit report
If you're about to apply for credit, get a copy of your credit report so you can see what lenders see when they evaluate your creditworthiness. To make sure your credit record is correct and consistent, obtain a copy from each of the three major credit-reporting agencies; the reports may be free or have a low fee. Among other things, the reports contain information on your accounts with each lender, the type of account, your payment history, and current account status. You can formally request an investigation to dispute incorrect or misleading information on your report.
- How can I correct errors on my credit report?
- How can I get credit if I have no credit history?
- How can I protect myself against identity theft?
- How can I repair my poor credit?
- How do I get a copy of my credit report?