Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Mar 19, 2014.


What form or which line of form 1040 should be used to report the royalty income from sales of a book by the publisher?


Royalty income is reported on Schedule E which is then flowed to Line 17 of Form 1040. You can also claim relevant business expenses on the Schedule E for expenses incurred generating this royalty income. Please take a look at Schedule E and it's instructions on

Congratulations on getting the royalties!

For additional information visit