Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Mar 11, 2013.


My husband and I live full time in Arizona. We receive pension income from a company we worked for in Nebraska. Can NE tax our pension?


When receiving pension and retirement income, you are generally taxed where your permanent residence is at the time of receipt. Therefore, you should owe Arizona State tax on the pension income and not Nebraska. Hope this helps.

For additional information visit