Shortcut Navigation:

Question for the Money Doctors

Question submitted on Jan 29, 2014.


My Mom kicked me out and I have to live on my own. My mom however wont give me my checks I get from my dad since he past away. I am currently 18 but still in school I''m a senior. She has two of my checks how do I get them or what do I do?


Talk to your principal or counselor to get the appropriate guidance on how to resolve this. I assume you are talking about Social Security checks? If so, you can go to you closest Social Security office for assistance. You can find your closest Social Security office at

For additional information visit