Jay L. Heller, CPA/PFS
Jay Heller, founder and CEO of HJ Wealth Management LLC, is co-author of The Progression of Wealth®, a book written, to help people plan for lifes financial events through retirement.
Jay began his career as a Certified Public Accountant advising individuals and business owners in all aspects of their financial life. In 2001, he became a Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), a designation available only to CPAs meeting specific requirements and passing exams authorized by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Only about 7,000 of the nation’s 400,000 CPAs have met the requirements.
Jay also holds FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Series 6, 7, 63 and 65 licenses. Jay is a graduate of Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with a Bachelors Degree of Business Administration in Accounting. In 2005, Jay completed The Institute For Private Investors’ Private Wealth Management Program at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
Jay, who has 35 years of experience as a financial advisor, is a sought-after speaker at seminars for financial professionals. Jay is often quoted media outlets including Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, MarketWatch.com, and CNNas well as in industry publications such as Accounting Today, CPA Wealth Provider, andInvestment News.
Professional Certifications and Organizations
- Licensed to practice as a CPA in Pennsylvania and Florida
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Financial Planning Association
- Member of Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
Leadership Background (Past & Present)
- Board of Directors - Variety Club Camp and Developmental Center
- Young Entrepreneurs Organization President and Board of Directors
- World Entrepreneurs Organization Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs Committee Chair
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce Committee Chair
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce Committee Chair
- Board Member and Committee Chair of other Various Organizations